Why the name Dragon Sisters?
Being diagnosed with breast cancer many moons ago became a pivot point in my life.
I established a charity and am well known as the Founder of the breast cancer survivor dragon boat movement in Australia - Dragons Abreast Australia – it seemed logical to name this business, started in 2007 with my sister, Dragon Sisters.
I'm known as a strategist who makes things happen.
My awards include NT Export Awards for Manufacturing, finalist in Australian of the Year, an Order of Australia from Her Majesty and Telstra (NT) Business Woman of the Year plus a few others too.
Don't want to bore you with details, but if you would like to know more, check me out on LinkedIn
Lessons I've learnt in life
- working for yourself is very different to having a regular paycheck
- success needs to be worked at - it doesn't just follow you from one career to the next
- great mentors and teachers are priceless
- teachers come in many guises
- All kinds of food!
- A glass of wine
- Walking on the beach
- Curling up with a good book
- An occasional binge on Netflix
- My family - top priority in my life!
Life is a journey and a gift to be cherished.
If you would like to fly like a dragon...reach out to see how I can help you soar!
PS The picture is of me with my sister and daughter.